From District 49 Community Wiki
Revision as of 21:12, April 5, 2014 by Dsenger
This file is in the public domain because it was created by NASA. NASA copyright policy states that "NASA material is not protected by copyright unless noted". (NASA copyright policy page or JPL Image Use Policy).
- Use of NASA logos, insignia and emblems is restricted per US law 14 CFR 1221.
- The NASA website hosts a large number of images from the Russian space agency, and other non-American space agencies. These are not in the public domain.
- Materials from the Hubble Space Telescope may be copyrighted if they do not explicitly come from the Space Telescope Science Institute. 
- All materials created by the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory are copyrighted and require permission for commercial non-educational use. 
- Images featured on the Astronomy Picture of the Day web site may be copyrighted.